Sunday, August 19, 2007

Staying Informed

I just got back from a dinner-chat session with a fellow Pinay who lives in the same apartment building as me. And during the course of the evening, we got to talking about Japan and World War II, which eventually led to the United States and Bush, and Blair and China and all that.

And all the discussion got me to thinking that maybe I've been avoiding reading news and current events too much. I think I stopped reading the newspapers maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Only the occasional Internet news links would make it to my reading list.

But that somewhat lively discussion with my friend this evening made me realize how much I've been shielding myself from all that's happening in the world. There's so much transpiring all around me right now that I'm not even aware of. And the degree to which I've successfully implemented a "news blackout" on myself... it somewhat alarmed me today haha.

So I'm thinking.. okay... I should really make an effort to read at least some current events from now on. It wouldn't hurt to keep pace with world events, esp. when everything seems already well down the path toward going global. It wouldn't hurt to keep myself informed. It would be less alarming for me, at the least hehe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home