Friday, August 17, 2007

Geeking before Work

Yes, I'm supposed to be getting ready for work right now. And yes, I'm doing just exactly the opposite of that. I'm sitting here in front of my laptop, blogging. The issues I have to deal with today are turning themselves around in my head. I guess I'm just trying to gather up the momentum to surge ahead through my today and deal with all of them.

Anyway, some inane blabbering before I sign off. Has anyone heard of the Standard theory? I've heard it described as the most accurate/precise scientific theory around. Being described thus, I wonder why I never learned of it in any of my science classes. The theory seeks to understand the concept of mass... why photons are virtually massless but neutrons and protons are so heavy. It presents the concept of the Higgs field, which is made up of Higgs bosons, to explain the why's and how's of mass. I won't explain it here anymore cause I don't feel I know enough to be able to tell you about it clearly.

But really, it puzzles me why I just heard about this theory yesterday. It's one of the more fundamental theories, isn't it?

Haha... okay.. no, I'm not drunk. I'm just writing down one of the things wandering around in my head. Anyway, okay, time to get ready for work..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home