Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wanting Miyazaki

It being one of those rare days I got to leave the office early, I took the time to do some quick window-shopping. And I came upon this shop in Landmark, which I hadn't seen before. Upfront it looked like it sold toys and stuff for little children. But to my delight I found that it carried various and numerous Ghibli paraphernalia... from Totoro furoshikis, puzzles, key chains, bento bags, pendulum wall clocks, towels, bedroom slippers,... to delicate Totoro tea cups, that famous Laputa necklace, glow-in-the-dark Kodamas, Kiki wind chimes, Ghibli art books, everything!

The art books especially reminded me of the wonderful times I had watching Miyazaki's creations. Crying while watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Lost, caught in the whirlwind adventures in The Return of the Cat, spellbound by the Oscar award-winning movie, Sprited Away, enchanted by the simple happiness felt while watching My Neighbor Totoro, and caught in the magic of Howl's Moving Castle.

I also realized, however, that I'd forgotten some of the parts from Miyazaki's movies; can't remember anymore how some of the storylines went.

So now I'm feeling the want to experience all the Miyazaki goodness again. Gimme Totoro, Laputa, Mimi wo Sumaseba... Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Return of the Cat! I wanna watch them all again! (^_^)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home